All work should be performed per the requirements of the latest version of ASME Section VIII Div. 1, API-510 and any/all applicable “your client” standards/specifications.
Note: all Section VIII Div. 2 Vessels should be considered on an individual basis.
Prior to start of fabrication and/or mobilization a complete set of detailed construction drawings should be provided to, reviewed by and accepted by at a minimum:
1.A client engineer or client designated engineer who specializes in pressure retaining equipment.
2.A person who is currently certified through the API organization as a 510 inspector in good standing.
A qualified inspector CWI and/or 510 is required to follow all the requirements below. If one is not provided by the contractor, a qualified third party inspector will be provided by the project owner.
Documents to be submitted to Client for approval prior to mobilization/fabrication:
- Quality Control Manual
- Copy of policies and procedures for ASME code work
- Copy of all applicable Code stamps, licensure, certification or qualifications
- WPS’s, PQR’s, WPQ’s for all weld processes to be used
- QA/QC personnel resumes and certification
- Qualification records/visual acuity for NDE/QC personnel
- Continuity logs for all welders to be utilized (if applicable)
Here's the link to a longer post.