Then it could be any of the following causes:
- A combination of condensed Hydrocarbon vapors, and no-wind conditions probably allowed a slug of condensate to be discharged directly above the HVAC air intakes at the aft of the FPSO.
- Undispersed Gas/Condensate released from Cargo tank vent pipe
- Incorrect location of vent for crude containing residual gas (HAZID/HAZOP)
- Inadequate design of condensate removal system (HAZOP)
- On/off control of tank venting higher quantity of gas (Controls Philosophy)
- Vent pipework design allowed condensate slug to form (Piping Design)
- Operating without normal conditions – Production mode with Condensate removal system shut down was not formalized
Anyone else has more to share or comment?