Please use the following guidelines as rules of thumb:
- Materials should be chosen with regards to previous operating experience on similar duties on offshore, salt-laden, marine installations.
- Galvanic compatibility between dissimilar materials with, if necessary, the use of isolation sets to prevent galvanic corrosion.
- Ductile iron should not be used without the prior approval of PURCHASER
- All proposed plastic components should be as a minimum flame retardant UV resistant, and non-degradable.
- All spindles, bushings, bolting, screws, etc. should be manufactured from a suitable grade of stainless steel or other corrosion proof material.
- All molded polyester parts should be in an anti-static version for hazardous area locations.
- The use of asbestos in any form is prohibited.
- The use cast iron is prohibited.
- Marine grade aluminum may be used after prior approval of PURCHASER.
Note: All proposed materials should be approved by the project prior to procurement.