All piping should be designed, fabricated and tested in accordance with the requirements of API 17D, ANSI/ASME B31.8 (design), ANSI/ASME B31.3 (welding), and API RP 1111.
Consider the followings when select pipings for your subsea use:
- Piping, where applicable, should be designed to accommodate flowline connection generated forces and thermal expansion/contraction of components without causing damage or malfunction.
- Consideration of fatigue stress caused by thermal cycling should be given where appropriate.
- Piping design should minimize areas where turbulence induced erosion, corrosion, erosion/corrosion, and cavitation are considered possible.
- All piping joints should be full penetration welded.
- Flanged connections may be used where welding is not practical.
- All flanged connections should provide face-to-face makeup and sufficient pre-load to preclude movement at the faces under all conditions.