0 votes

What kind of tool can be used to monitor corrosion "on-line"?

asked Jun 5, 2017 in Engineering by PedroGleason (445 points)
Please give method if possible for monitoring the rate of corrosion and the extent of metal loss for any particular metal equipment.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jun 5, 2017 by alsieg (2,780 points)
You can use Electrical Resistance Corrosion Probe which includes a corrosion sensing element, a probe body with appropriate fittings for insertion into the system and an end connector for attachment to a meter, or wiring to a multiplexor, which electronically monitors the progress of corrosion.

In addition, advanced design in Probe Retractor tools are special devices that provide mechanical advantage to the onstream installation or retraction of corrosion probes or hydrogen probes.  Generally, they are suitable for use with pipe and pressure vessels up to 1000 psi (68 bar).