The choke and kill manifold should be a dual, parallel 10,000 psi working pressure choke manifold with one manual choke and one remote choke per side. The choke manifold design should provide the option to connect the drilling fluid standpipe manifold and the emergency pump (cementing unit) through a temporary union connection located on the drill floor.
The choke and kill manifold should include:
- 10,000 psi x 3 1/16 in manifold
- Two 3 1/16 in chokes operated remotely from the control panel in the driller’s cabin
- Two 3 1/16 in manually operated chokes
- 5,000 psi buffer tank
- Easy access should be provided for manual operation and maintenance of all choke and kill manifold valves.
- Choke and kill valve positions should be displayed in the drilling control network and on separate panel in the drillers cabin.