A little more details on the "Survey Inspection" step.
For Single Hull:
- Overall visual inspection of vessel structure and outfitting in all cargo, slop, ballast, fuel oil, aft, and void spaces.
- Measurement and mapping of all areas of pitting of bottom plating in cargo and slop tanks, pump and engine rooms.
- Visual inspection of collar plates of all longitudinal protruding through water tight or oil tight bulkheads as well as all toes of all transverse bottom webs and horizontal girders.
- Visual inspection of entire main deck and bottom plating.
- Visual inspection of horizontal stringers and girders.
For Double Hull: same as Single Hull plus the followings
- Visual inspection of knuckle areas.
- Measurement and mapping of all areas of pitting of inner bottom plating in cargo and slop tanks.
- Condition of the existing coating system in the wing and double bottom ballast tanks.